Saturday, October 3, 2020

Stock Horse Stampede

The results came in for Stock Horse Stampede FB Photo Show. This show was limited to only adult traditional scale Breyers...something I don't remember reading in the rules, since I had entered ALL of my stock horses regardless of scale. The show holder had to contact me about it....and then again since my Mini Whinnie, Black Hand, decided to go invisible among the big guys! In the end, I had only Ponderosa, Buster Baxter, Paint Me a Pepto, and Wapiti (I can't remember the reason for entering his "scene" photo for his "halter" photo. His show side isn't that great since you can clearly see the lack of paint underneath his elevated mane).

This photo of Ponderosa did pretty well and is absolutely a keeper! In the Breed category, she placed 1st for Framed Overo Mare and Reserve Grand Champion for overall Paint Mares. In Color, she placed 1st for Framed Overo. And In Collectability, she placed 2nd for the Lady Phase class.
Buster Baxter is one of the newest members of my herd. I had gotten him in a partial trade with my friend, NaConi, for the fuzzy pony (Geoffrey) I customized for her. I have had my eye on him since I first saw him modeling some tack in Breyer's 2002 catalog - the bummer thing was that he was already retired, so finding him was really exciting! His white is a little creamy, but thankfully he photographs well and the creaminess doesn't show. He did pretty good in his first show under my ownership. For Breed, he placed 3rd in Splash White/Tovero (Tobino) Stallion. He also placed 4th in the Collectability class, Ranch Horse.
Remind me to keep this photo of Wapiti for scene, please, because I might forget next time! He surprisingly placed 4th in the Breed category, Framed Overo Stallions.


Please stay tuned in for the rest of the shows I had entered last month. Silver Star and USOMHS are coming in slowly. Breyer Stone Ranch haven't even started yet with results. And as usual, MEPSA won't be until later this month.

1 comment: