Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Model Horsey Wishes

So, on Sunday was my birthday. It was kind of weird and laidback, taking in the fact that I am two years shy of thirty....very, very weird. Either way, it was still great! We had a small "party" with just my family and my grandparents from my mom's side. We had meatloaf, broccoli, and scallop potatoes for an early dinner (glad we had something really filling - by two younger brothers just took the boy scouts on an overnight backpacking trip and they ALWAYS come home extra hungry!) We usually do presents in-between dinner and cake to give our stomachs some time to settle. Then the cake was an Irish Apple Cake that we usually have for St. Patrick's Day, but I really like it because it's not overly sweet (that's one thing I have noticed as I got older was the ability to handle overly sweet cakes and frosting - considering having a sweet tooth - thankfully, ice cream is still somewhat ok). The recipe calls for a custard topping, but vanilla bean ice cream works just as well.

Horsey presents?

Yes, there were horsey presents...that is, model horsey presents.

Obviously, two of the main ones are in the photo above. Santiago, the Tractor Supply Company Breyer Special Edition Solidago, and Blue-Eyed Bandit, the Breyer 70th Anniversary Chase Piece, both joined my herd. Even though Santiago is on the cartoony Boomerang mold, I absolutely loved the Dunalino coloring. And, he is just way too cute to pass up! I am still researching what "breed" - haha - mustang type to have him as due to his stockiness. I can't wait until we could go to Bear Lake next (probably next summer) because his coloring would look awesome with the blue lake background! And now Blue-Eyed Bandit! Mold wise, he is obviously a Thoroughbred. Thankfully, there's a line of Framed Overo TBs in existence - look up the TB stallion, I Was Framed, he's pretty cool. So, I figured, "lets give him a racehorse name." I wanted something similar, but different, to I Was Framed. I can't remember what my first idea was, but Jack Sparrow was in the middle somewhere before I came up with his permanent name. Why a pirate or a bandit? Well, both of his eyes have black patches over them....hence, eye patches....which is where the connection with I Was Framed began. Blue Eyes? Yes, he has striking blue eyes. A keen characteristic, indeed!

I had been keeping my eye on this organizational plastic box set for a long time. My previous problem was that I didn't have a use for them until now.
Model Horse props!
And you think that my current collection is small? Well, it was overflowing in the two "boxes" I had them in. Now, there is enough space for growth!
My grandparents' dogs (no, I'm not kidding - it's something fun to do) gave me a unicorn printed plastic box to help with organizing my projects and/or supplies. I didn't know what to use it for until yesterday, while cleaning my room (which was a catastrophe - it's mostly clean now...minus the multitudes of projects that need finishing!). So, you see the blue lid box in the background? Well, it had been overflowing with my supply of ribbons for well over a year. I have all the different sizes sectioned out into sandwich baggies for easier navigating. Problem. It all doesn't fit in the box. So, when I was putting some scrap ribbon away, and once again having to deal with some overstuffed Ziploc falling off of the pile coming out of the box, I thought of my new one and tried it out. All the baggies fit into the new box and the rest of the miscellaneous ribbons can stay in the old one. Problem Solved!
The other, non-model horsey things I was gifted was a weighted blanket to help with my heated blanket (I am always cold and needs tons of layers to keep warm) and some gear for my bike....that is, trike, tricycle, three-wheeler (my preference)...my balance can be a bit challenging somedays and the ability to ride a regular bike ended up not being an option. I'll write another post about that later after my little (big) brother and I get my three-wheeler all decked out with the new gadgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment