Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Pony Pouches for Better Storage

Back in September for Sugarfoot Live, I had dug out some of my oldest toy horses who are apart of my Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron family for one of the fun classes (the extended stories were created in play and are not always apart of the original story or books). Well, they had been sitting in my bedroom since them because I didn't want to wrap them up in their shredded tissue paper (shredded by their ears and hooves) to put in their storage box in the basement. So, finally, earlier this year (I don't remember when since I am so backed up on blog post updates), I made them some official Pony Pouches of their own! And eventually, I will make more for the other horses in that storage box.

 Each has their name embroidered onto the flap.

 Sea Wings is Strider's adopted dad after he got separated from the herd before Spirit was born. He looks very happy.
 Esperanza is Spirit's mom. I picked this fabric for her because it had a Palomino on it and she is a Palomino.
 This is how the brushable tailed horses are placed in the Pony Pouches.
 Happy Camper!

 This is Cupid. She is Sand Piper and Sea Wings's daughter and Brown Tyke's twin sister. She's a Grand Champion toy horse.
This is Sand Piper and she's a Flockie.
 That means that she needs regular cotton fabric on the inside (with the padding of the fleece) so that the fuzzy fleece doesn't leave any extra lint or get caught on her fuzzy coat. 

 And Brown Tyke. You could tell why she is Cupid's twin sister. Brown Tyke and Cupid are among my oldest toy/model horses. AND they were hand-me-downs from someone in, I think, our homeschool group (or somebody at church....I vaguely remember).
All completed and ready to be put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment