Friday, June 26, 2020

Bye, Bye Diorama Contest Potential Prize...

To be honest, I like this guy. I like his coloring and his pattern. I like his mold. I've like this mold ever since I first saw The Gypsy King portrait in the 2002 box catalog and have yet to acquire one since.

When I started thinking about the Breyerfest 2020 Diorama Contest - I had two drives: the prize model and a non-generic Celtic story (the story of Rhiannon). Of course, I didn't understand that I needed to actually HAVE a diorama, so I took my pictures at Bear Lake.




Aaannnddd theennnn.... Breyer announced the rules for the "virtual" event at the beginning of June with the deadline on the 26th of that month (TODAY!!!). My beautiful idea thrown out the window, the window, the second story window. With a heave and a ho and a mighty big throw. They threw it out the window!! (Not mine, Boy Scout song that uses nursery rhymes). Rules are an actual diorama and a video. OK, the diorama is doable (or so I thought). But what do they want in the video? A few emails later concluded that they wanted(?) a video showing your diorama while you explain what it's about and have words?! like credits?!! I don't know how to do that!!! I can make a regular video and that's just about it! I am NOT that tech savvy! And I know I'm not the only one. It is interesting when times are changing to new methods, it is easy to forget that not everyone can pick it up as easily as the other. It certainly left me horribly stressed and for my own sanity, had to dash the idea altogether and focus on the contest that I actually paid for: the photo show.

So, goodbye Feis.

No comments:

Post a Comment