Saturday, December 5, 2020

Field of Dolls Photo Show

 I wasn't sure if I going to be able to enter Anne Field's photo show.

I did, however, donate a few homemade props - I will write a post about those later.

But in the end, I was able to put together some entries and enter the show.

The results came in today.

Anne live streamed the door prizes (which were done by randomly pulling a name out of a cauldron - great idea!) and the Grand and Reserve Champions. She later emailed out the full results a few hours later. The show was triple judged.

I mostly entered in the Speciality classes, but I did have some for Other Performance as well. Here are all the entries I did:


Other Performance:

Brighty Trick Training
No, this one didn't place 
(though, this photo still does pretty well in other photo shows lately).
This one didn't either - in-fact, none of the Other Performance entries placed. The doll's the problem, but it was good to test out the Bribe Your Horse Speed Game. This one is of an eager Paint Me A Pepto whipping around the cone in pursuit of the corn in the bucket!
In that same speed game, there are horses who are food motivated....and then there's the ones who are not - like Mato Ska, in this case.

Speciality/Scene
Food
Judged by Anne Field
I knew that Anne would like this one!
Unsupervised Ponies and Foals received 4th place!

Miniatures
This one I had taken for Jennifer Buxton's Pandemic Performance Panorama.
None of my entries for Miniatures placed.
My original plan was to have one of my dolls pulling the wagon, but only crop part of her in the photo and centering on the models.
What happened?
I couldn't get her to stand, the handle wasn't long enough, and it was cold and a little breezy.

Funny
I was going to have this one in Food, but I realized that Arrow is already the star of my other Food entry. It could have been better - I was having trouble with angle.
He did not place.

Other Scene
(my specialty!)
Partly Cloudy and Emerald Isle
Did not place
Xavier
(his forelock is reflecting my hot pink jacket)
Did not place
Mato Ska
Did not place
Encore
Did not place
Aurelius
Did not place
(that makes sense, a judge had told me that they would rather see the horse from the light side - but, I entered it anyway)
This photo is from a few years ago, for a Breyer Photo Contest (it placed 3rd). I thought I'd pull it out and put it in a scene class since performance photos need to be from the side.
Judged by Marisa Spence
Paint Me A Pepto
6th place
Buster Baxter
Did not place
Kyla
Did not place
Drizzle
Did not place
Santiago
Did not place
Sgt. Reckless
Did not place

That was a lot of fun!
Anne is going to do another show in April, so I better start prepping!

No comments:

Post a Comment