Tuesday, December 15, 2020

New Fence

 This past couple of weeks, I have been working on making a pasture fence for photographing my model horses. There were a guarantee number of trials and errors, but I got through it, and figured out the best possible solution. Thankfully, we have heap loads of sticks out back!

I ended up making a Traditional set, a Stablemate set, and a Mini Whinnie set. Eventually, I'm going to make a set for both Classic and Paddock Pals (and maybe Wind Dancers, too...?)

So far, so good.
Though, I do need to make another "panel" for Traditional, since both "Bandit" and "Pharoah" were cutting it close on both sides.


Oh! So, tiny!!
There's still some areas where I need to add more brush, but believe it or not - all of these are held together with hot glue gun!
The fences even did well when I tried portraits!

Oh, yeah, and I figured out that I don't need a Macro Lens for my Canon. Instead, I literally placed the camera on the table at the appropriate distance away from the little guys and snapped the picture with very little peering through the viewfinder. This method so totally worked!!!


The one thing about the fences is that I couldn't get them to interlock very well since their base are super large popsicle sticks. I'm not done with them yet - they still need more foliage (I'm using the moss for the time being here).
On the second photoshoot, I knew it was supposed to snow.....but.....I was more focused on the fact that it's overcast, which is PERFECT for photographing model horses (especially Glossies!)
Well, it snowed on me.
Got some good pictures.
And some that needed the snow shook off of the grass mat, due to disappearing white feet.
Ah, much better!

I was supposed to get pictures of some more Mini Whinnies and Stablemates, but my fingers were practically frozen even though I had gloves on. It was also kind of tiring because of the cold. Oh, well, I'll get those pictures another day.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Some of these photos look so realistic, too. My favorite is the 4th to last because it has just a hint of snow and the horse looks like he's really enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete