Monday, December 21, 2020

Winter Pony Bytes Photo Show Results

At the beginning of the month, there was a new paid+prize photo show that was being advertised on one of the Facebook groups I follow. The Winter Pony Bytes Photo Show uses a new platform that is specifically programed for hosting model horse photo shows. When I first read about it, I assumed that the platform would be like SmugMug, another great platform for photo shows. So out of curiosity, FOMO, and it being a prize base show - I entered it. And I could tell you this:

It was not what I had expected.

Due to the fact that they were still testing the trafficking of users in a small time frame on the site - we were allowed to upload pictures for only two days. Completely understandable.

It took me about an hour to enter in my photos for each division (and I didn't even enter every single class!)

It was very similar to my experience with Breyerfest:

Lots of fun prep = quick to burnout

Throughout uploading all my photos, I kept thinking, "what was I thinking?!"

I did not have time for this.

I had other things I wanted to get done.

I was needed elsewhere in the house.

So, I tried to get it ALL done in one day.

Let's just get it all over with it.

Then I get an email from one of the hosts the next day asking about my formatting (I followed their instructional photo example to a "T") and if I was going for points.

Unfortunately, I haven't done many shows with points, so I don't really understand them. In my weird logic, going for points seems like that's how you get a higher chance at winning anything. I did find out, however, pointsless entries can still place in the champions round. They still mean nothing to me. Just give me the ribbon, because that's more rewarding for me.

And now the results.


Mares In Black Division

(to be honest, whenever I see the MIB sign/whatever it's called, I think of the Men In Black movie with Will Smith. I really wanted to do a scene for one of the classes of standing mares with "suites," "ties," and "sunglasses" to be the secret agents from Men in Black. Unfortunately, I don't have  any mares who would fit the idea).

Whole Mood Mares
Blue Moon and Maybelline having a dispute
Received 1st in the class
Aaannddd....for being a pointsless entry...
received Reserve for CM/AR
As you all already know, Maybelline (right) is a vintage SM, not a CM.
Performing Mares
Paint Me A Pepto and Jenny competing in the speed game of Bribe Your Horse
Received 5th

The Barn Division
(this was a little hard to do, since I do not own a barn. I do have the arena panel and ways to make the barnyard, though).
Corral Comedy
Ice Cream Kisses
Received 5th
Naughty Ponies
Unsupervised Ponies and Foals Invading an Unsupervised Bake Sale
Received 3rd

The Greyt Grey Challenge
(thankfully, I have lots of Greys!)
Grey Performance
Brighty's Trick Training
Reveived 4th
Not-A-Horse Grey
Blossom
Received 5th

Winter Fantasy and Animal Fun
(between the Grey division and this division, there are a LOT of entries. Most of my stress level was with these two - in the uploading part, that is).
Wings
Sumatra
Received 5th
OF Not-Unicorn
Numinor
Received 2nd
OF Unicorn
Xavier
Received 4th


Pony Bytes was OK, but I think I'm going to stick with MEPSA, Facebook, and SmugMug for now. There's less stress with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment