Monday, November 30, 2020

Chocolate ICEE

 

I already knew that my ICEE/NaMoPaiMo Visible Horse project was going to exceed the allotted time slot to complete. The last day of ICEE is today and I was only able to get to the rib cage - which is fine considering the extreme lack of motivation I had in EVERYTHING for the ENTIRE month of October!!! I was so, so relieved when my motivation to create came back at the beginning of November.

Now the Chocolate ICEE.

That photo above is not chocolate.

It is Apoxie.

DO NOT EAT!!

But, boy, does it look like the brownie batter that I make every Christmas that has peppermint patties nestled in a layer in the middle. (By the way, these are SO good - just know that they are also extremely rich that you can only have one, little square...or else you would feel sick after the second one).

I decided to try a different Apoxie color because my mentor through NaMoPaiMo, Jessica Saucier, said that the bronze color works better for detailing hair.

See that purple dot? That's where the shoulder blade connects with the rib cage. I had brainstormed all year, trying to figure out a sturdier solution to making the entire model functional as a let's-take-this-apart-and-see-how-it-fits-on-the-inside. My solution was to make the muscles in-between the ribs only part-ways. Here's my process to creating the detail work on the muscle part.^
This is apart of the skull. I'm building up the edges to close the gap between the "lid" (above) and the skull.
Here's the other side of the rib cage. This part still needs to be sanded before adding the detailing for the muscles.
Remember in my previous post on this project that there is quite the gap between the removable rib cage piece and the sternum? It still needs some detailing, as well as some lining up with the sternum, before I set the magnets in the sternum region.

There's still quite a bit that needs to be done before working on the legs....like sanding on the ribs or setting the magnet on the skull cap/lid/whatever.

But, what I am most thankful for is one:
My motivation is back!
And two: even though it has taken me almost five years to complete,
but it is half-way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment