Saturday, November 21, 2020

A Little Late, But Motivation Is Great!

 Yes, I have finally had the motivation to work on my ICEE project as of last week.


So far, so good.
I had sawed out that ugly hunk of Apoxie that was supposed to hold up the shoulder blade. That did not work as planned. New plan is sculpting new ribs right there.
Oh, yeah, and remember how one of the ribs broke off?
Fixed!

Here's a rough estimate on how it would look with the lungs in place.

Now, applying the Apoxie...
I didn't do any sculpting last night as planned. Instead, I spent my time sanding, carving, and studying how to make the ribcage actually close together. It was still good to do that.

I think I'm going to have to modify either the ribcage or the sternum when I go to insert the magnets.
One thing I didn't think all the way through, is that I didn't have to carve out the magnet at the back of the skull. What I really need to do is extend the edges to close the space gap on the "lid" side.

I do plan on sculpting an eyeball for this project.
It doesn't seem right without one!

No comments:

Post a Comment