Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Multiple Dippings

 When I would read on countless of blogs on how live showers would pack their bags and ponies to travel the country hitting all the model horse shows as they go - I couldn't see that being a possible for me. One thing for sure is that I don't drive, so I would either find a ride or drag my family along....to drive me to those places (this is why I hadn't bugged anyone about going to Breyerfest). Other reasons are time, money, energy....

But it would be cool....

To jump from one show to another...

Funny thing is....

With Photo Showing....

That's exactly what I am doing!

Jumping from one show to another.

But it's different.

No, not the fact that I could sit on my bed with my model catalog binders sprawled everywhere, punching in entries.

It's the fact that you can have ONE photo

ENTERED in more than ONE SHOW at a time!

My show string? My whole herd - except for the really old, beat-up, yellowed ones. Some shows have limitations per class, some don't.

Some are free and some have a fee.

Most are on Facebook, but there are some that use snail mail and SmugMug

How many shows, you say?

Let's see, this month there's:

MEPSA (snail mail)

Stockhorse Stampede (FB)

USOMHS (Online Model Horse Show - FB)

Mabel's Online Model Horse Show (FB)

Breyer Stone Ranch Model Horse Photo Shows (FB)

Silver Star Model Horse Photo Show (FB)


Yeah, six might be a little overkill. There were some that came up for this month that I decided to pass on. USOMHS is a paid show, but also has a free class with the limit of 2 entries - I decided for this month, I'll pay, and then maybe next month do the free class. I do want to enter in Ann Field's photo show in November, but I really would like to have a better doll by that time...problem is, I need the right clay for sculpting Ball Joint Dolls (BJD) = going to the store. So, entering that show depends on me mapping out my first BJD. And you think I have enough projects to work on....yeah.

Haven't been in the mood for sculpting lately. Been working on photo showing primarily. Sale pieces ads should be the priority - haven't gotten any bites on the two I put out there. Then there's all the other projects on my mind! Oh, well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out -- I had not realized. One could double-dip with photographs too (at the cost of reprints). The digital world is still so new [to me] it has that frontier wow factor.

    ReplyDelete