Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Advent Model Horse Photo Challenge: Days 26-27


Day 26 - Pinto:
Oakheart - Bay Frame/Sabino Paint Stallion - Breyer Repaint CM by Me - Sales Piece

Literally just finished - on the 26th, actually. He was going to be my 2021 Breyerfest Best Customs Contest entry for the Finishwork section, but didn't get him done in time...let alone finding out that it is one entry per ticket (I only had one).

Biggest accomplishment with him is finally figuring out how to paint the lacey edges!!



Day 27 - Vintage:
Altivo - Grey Andalusian Stallion - 1980's Marx/Johnny West Thunderbolt CM by Unknown Artist - Personal Herd Member

Altivo was gifted me by a friend (with an original Goffert, who I renamed Jannik). 

He is the very first resculpt by someone else I have ever handled. So, every time I pick him up, I am blown away at the smooth transition in the resculpted areas (the lifted foreleg). Unfortunately, he doesn't have a proper signature - only something that looks like it could be, but is rather un-readable. It took some time figuring out what was his original mold, though the shape of his mouth was a key indicator, the lifted foreleg threw me in for a loop.

He is also named after the horse on Dreamwork's The Road to El Dorado. So, now, whenever I go to write/type his name, I've got all the scenes where his name is spoken by one of the key characters running through my head (the most frequent one is when Miguel is trying to bribe Altivo with an apple to get a crowbar).


Stay tuned for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment