Sunday, December 11, 2022

Advent Model Horse Photo Challenge: Days 9-11

 


Day 9 - Pinto:
Paint Me A Pepto - Black Tobiano Paint Mare - Breyer 2017-19 - Personal Herd Member (Going to customize twins for her and her mate, Aurelius, from two TR Running Foals)

I remember the year this mold was created for the Premier Club. There were several new mares that came out the same year as well (Andalusian Mare and Forever Saige). Aaand...because I collect in families - I could not wait until they came out in Regular Runs (about 4 years: 1st: Premier Club, 2nd Collector Club, 3rd Breyerfest, 4th Regular Run).

Little did I realize how difficult Paint Me was going to be to photograph due to a combination of her positioning and coloring.
She is one of my lesser shown horses in photo showing due to this very problem. It took about 4 or 5 times to eventually get to the one picture above. She might have another, but to be honest, I think this is the best one of her yet!


Day 10 - Live Show:
Gemma and I at Little Tatanka Live hosted at Wasatch Cowboy Church, Hooper, UT, last year in November.

This was a non-NAN Qualifying show to teach new showers about live showing. Gemma and I were the only two showers who have done at least 1 show prior (Sugarfoot Live 2019). It was very laid back and totally informative. I think we learned a lot.

I almost didn't sign up. Our family schedule is heavily revolved around the 4H Dog Program, so, with me being a non-driver, it can get pretty difficult to slide anything that requires my family driving me somewhere for my own ribbon-earning type events. So, therefore, I came in super late for registering and we all were glad that I did, because Gemma would've been the only shower!

It gets even better!!
When we were looking at where it was going to be located, we're like, "What is a cowboy church?"
Surprisingly, Victoria came, too, because this kind of showing is way too low key for her. But when we walked in, my mom, Victoria, and I all agreed that we needed a church like this in Cache Valley! So, while I was doing the show, my mom and Victoria found the pastor and started the conversation on what they are and how to get a new church plant up where we live. Of course, anyone who knows me, knows that I can get heavily distracted by interesting conversations. So, naturally, listening in about cowboy church proved to be a lesson in trying to keep my classes in order - accidentally had Other Sport Horses go into the English Sport Horse class! They placed. The judge didn't even notice until she announced the next class! Lessons for both of us!

Back to Cowboy Church. Cowboy Church is a Bible based church with a cowboy twist. We sing a mixture gospel, hymns, and contemporary music. Cowboy hats and boots are totally welcome! And we always share a meal for our fellowship after the service. History? Well, this type of approach comes from the traveling pastors/ministers in the ranch and farming communities throughout Texas (kind of like the school teachers who would travel from town to town throughout the year). 


Day 11 - China:
Bakti - Black Tobiano Java Pony Stallion - 1960's Japan China - Personal Herd Member

Bakti was given to me with a bunch of other horse figurines (including a Glossy Charcoal FAM Breyer which I sold with the others [not Bakti, obviously!] to an antique store in town) by my grandparents on my dad's side. They weren't theirs, but actually their neighbor's daughter's who was needing to pawn them off to a new owner. However, at the time, I was in a different stage in my collecting, so I didn't see the need to keep all of them (yes, including that FAM, but I knew she would eventually be found by someone who would love her).
Though, Bakti fascinated me, which is why I kept him.
He is my first official clinky - which is kinda cool!
The other two parts is one: how I seem to have a knack for finding unique items from other countries that are not apart of the generic where-it's-made items; and two: his vintage coloring/pattern.
I've shown him a little bit with MEPSA when I started out showing with them, but he REALLY needs his halter photo re-taken (this was a quicky photo since I am currently waiting on a few customs to be finished to do a bigger photoshoot - likewise inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment