Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Breyerfest: Day Two

Day two was consisted mainly of grabbing materials together to participate in the Color Matching Workshop, checking the results for the Best Customs Contest, and watching some shows.
I didn't win either of the sections for the Customs contest. Which is a bummer, because I was totally banking on one of my most recent customs, a fuzzy Shetland Pony. He didn't even make the photo collage on the website. However, Sonya did.
The workshop was pretty cool. I went in all confident that I was going to gain valuable knowledge and quite possibly offer the services to other collectors who want their beloved models repaired or touched up.
I decided that I'd take both Saturday and Sunday to touch up Seabiscuit, Cupid, and shhh!...don't tell Breyer I touched up my only Peter Stone model, Porter. On my oldest models, I leave the hooves as is because that shows they were played with once. Cupid was my very first adult Traditional and Seabiscuit was by second. I got them in the same year: Cupid for my 11th birthday and Seabiscuit for Christmas.
I got pretty spent after the workshop - probably from eyestrain. Either way, it was time to feed the goats. I felt like my energy returned for a little bit afterwards.
In the hallubaloo of Breyerfest preparation, I completely forgot to check on the raspberry bushes! We usually have a few handfuls each year, not enough to can jelly. Glad I walked over there - or I would have missed it!
Over dinner and washing dishes, I watched some of the pre-recorded shows. Most of the horse stuff was all similar to Cavalia. The tack was interesting in this one.

They also featured my favorite breed: the Friesian!

So, that was the end of day two.
A weird, tiring day that always feels better when finding your cat looking like he owns the place...and the next door neighbors on all sides'yards....and the three neighbors across the street's yards, too...(we don't like him crossing the street - it's pretty busy!)

One day left
With many more surprises?
I'll leave that story for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment