Thursday, July 16, 2020

Breyerfest Day 3: Could the Stress Level get any Higher?!

Yeah, like seriously? How can these two old guys cause so much trouble? All they do is eat, sleep, bark at people and bikes (and the mailman, and the UPS guy, and the FedEx guy), repeat. Sure, yes, Henry (the red terrier) barks at any given sound, in which stresses Sam (black and white Basset Hound x Queensland Heeler mix) out so much that he whines and trembles. But they usually sleep through the night with no trouble. That is until 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. They were sleeping in my brother's room with both the ceiling fan and the box fan in the window pointed in running. I was suddenly woken up by Henry scratching like mad to go outside. I realized that perhaps a deer ran through our yard and its scent blasted through the window. When I let them back in, Henry was so crazed (he's Jack Russel and Border Terrier) that I had a hard time getting him back to bed. By the time I got back to my bed, from Henry's amped-ness, I didn't fall asleep until almost 4!!! Does it end? No! At 5, Henry wanted out again. He sounded like the cat with the amount of scratching he was doing. I told him stop it and he eventually went back to bed. Then a few minutes before my alarm clock went off, I was thrown out of sleep with a weird dream that I missed my allotted time to buy my Breyerfest SR model. Yeah, I freaked out the cat - but I didn't miss my time. Whew! And that was the start of the last day of Breyerfest! I did eventually tried to get caught up on sleep in the afternoon, but it felt like it didn't do anything. (It's taken this entire week to get my energy back!)


 With the Three-Day ticket, you are allowed to purchase two Special Run models. My top pick were Brighid and Beltane - the American Kerry Bog Pony mare and foal set on the new Welsh Pony molds. Lugh (pronounced lou) was my second choice not because he was a Celtic breed (he's not), but because of that plume in which the name escapes me. It begins with a "G" and I can never pronounce it or spell it correctly. I ended up not getting him, due to lack of funds. Plus, I could always do a custom exhibiting that phenomenon.
 I made sure I was early to the page. They had this awesome countdown to make things less stressful. However, it didn't show my models. After a call with customer service, I found that I needed to re-login instead of staying logged in from the day before. It worked! The lady and the people in the background on the other line also rejoiced, since it had been a stressful weekend of the site crashing several times from SO many Breyerfest participants.
 In the late morning, I checked my paint pallet to see if all the previous day's paint soaked off. Apparently, tube paint isn't as water soluble as craft paint. I had to scrape most of it off and the pallet still didn't come out clean.

 After that I decided really quick that for model horses, I'm going to be using craft paint for the rest of my life.

 I also discovered that color matching is not my cup of tea. I may be really good with color theory, but color matching is too frustrating. If I need a model touched up, I'll have to find someone else who can do it for me.
Porter my Peter Stone TWH was much easier than Seabiscuit, but I still had a hard time getting the color to match just right. At least, his rubs were very small and hopefully they don't show up in a photograph.

1 comment:

  1. That's so odd. I find the tube paint so much easier to peel than the craft paint!

    ReplyDelete