Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Projects Galore!

I am notorious for starting a new project while being in the middle of another one. I do this usually because of two reasons: One, because I'm waiting for something to dry, harden, cure, or a run to the store for more supplies. And Two, because I am currently stumped and need to work on something else for a change before going back and working on it again. That's the current state of my 2020 NaMoPaiMo Anatomy horse.

Result? I have well over 100 projects in my room, closet, under the bed, on my phone, on my computer, and in my head that are slowly heading towards finishing mode. It drives my mom nuts! She told me to make a list (I love making lists!) of all of my projects. After I finished the list - it took about a week to make - she assessed it and told me to pick...get ready....ONE Hard Project, ONE Movable Project, and ONE Filler Project! WHAT!? I AM ALLOWED THREE PROJECTS AT A TIME!!!!???? If it means narrowing my ever-distracted mind, then OK.

 So....this is my Hard Project. It's making Spring-Grass-After-Snow-Melt-Turf for creating a natural footing for Photo Showing. I am using cut up Raffia to create the grass. Mind you, the colored "Raffia" is actually either plastic or tissue paper that is made to look like Raffia.
 My Movable Project is sewing Pony Pouches for better storage for all my old toy horses. It is movable for the fact that I could use my sewing machine in both my bedroom and the dining room - and pinning, and some basting, and using the rotary cutter...


And this is my Filler Project. It is a type of upcycling tradition from Bengal, India, called Kantha (pronounced kan-ta). This project was started a class at a fair trade gift shop in town. It is mostly consisted of straight stitches, but sometimes in a specific pattern. I am making mine into a roll-up case for my crochet hooks.

Fun Fact: Kantha isn't always just a one piece per person. Most times it's generational. The grandmother starts it, the daughter works on it, and the granddaughter finishes it. Awesome heirloom project!

No comments:

Post a Comment