Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Ehhh...No!

Have you ever had a list of things to get done that revolved around the outdoors and the weather was like...

Yeah...that was Monday.

I had only a couple of things to do - only primering a few Stablemates and painting some Raffia green.

It rained in the morning and was cloudy until sunset. It looked like it was going to rain more, so I didn't chance doing my original plan. And of course I forgot to get a picture of the gloomy day! I didn't have that thought until the sun burned off the clouds just before it set!

Yesterday was great! It was clear skies and sunny...and I was the most productive in days!!! With the whole COVID-19 quarantine episode, I keep reading on blogs, Facebook, hearing from friends and family about all this extra time they have to get things done... My days go by so fast that I don't know what happened and therefore don't get anything done outside of the usual cleaning. So, by having some productive days really feels good.

 So, I got Monday's plan done on Tuesday!
 The Stablemates have been primered....
 ...And the Raffia painted...
 .....And some reading while guarding the Raffia from birds who might want to use it for their nests. 
I haven't read Pollyanna before, though, I have seen the old Disney movie a long time ago (that is, I think it was by Disney), but I don't remember the story. I was totally expecting it to be slow-moving, dragging along like most classics. But I am quite surprised that it is easy and pleasant to read.


After the Stablemates were dry and I had already put everything away, I noticed that the primer had missed a few places. Whenever this happens, I sometimes touch it up with a few dabs of Gesso. That is, unfortunately, my Gesso turned into a pliable mass that you could touch without getting it on your fingers. I then checked my mom's art supplies and found that she didn't have any Gesso either. Fortunately, we had a homemade recipe in a paper mache book by Jonni Good.

It takes:
1 TB Joint Compound
1 tsp White Glue
A Dab of White Acrylic Paint

Of course, if you don't want to use the measurements from the kitchen, eyeballing it always seems to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment