Thursday, January 9, 2020

MEPSA November Mini Special

I've noticed that photo shows take a while to judge; and the length of time depends on how many were entered. You do learn how to be patient in waiting for the results. But the great thing is the surprise of getting your photos back in the mail (for the mail in kind) and finding out how well they placed. I have to admit that sometimes I forget about which shows I entered (I usually do two to three at a time), so then it's a surprise as to which entry is in the return package.
 This is Whisper and he placed 3rd in the Breeds: Belgian/Percheron class (he's a Percheron). He was originally going to be used for a custom, but I was too impressed by the fine details in the Fleabites for a Mini Whinnie. So, I added him to my ever-growing herd.
 Numinor (named after a book character) did pretty well for a Wind Dancer. He didn't get in the top three, but placing 5th in the Fantasy/Decorator Color class is still quite an accomplishment.
 Lord Azul of the Skies is one of Breyer's older attempts of a fantasy horse on a Stablemate scale. His wings actually come off and could fit on other molds (though, they have been a little "stretched" if I may say, by putting them on the draft horses one too many times). He fought through the trend and made 7th place in the Breed class for Fantasy/Decorator horses.
 Aster is one of my customs to eventually sell. He ended up placing 8th in the Breeds: Other Pure/Mixed Spanish/Gaited. He's 3/4 Paint x 1/4 Tennessee Walking Horse.
 Firestorm is another custom for future sales. He did extremely well with his 2nd Place for his Breed: Paint!
We end with Gracie. I love doing head studies. They can create a far more interesting story than the photos required for the halter classes. Just the soft, serene background and the warm colors of the horse gives a sense of peacefulness as she floats through time unfazed by its quickness. 
This lovely photo placed 2nd in the Head Study class.

No comments:

Post a Comment