Friday, April 30, 2021

My Pink Package Came!!!



It's been a week since the results announcement for Anne Field's Field of Dolls Photo Show; so naturally, a pink package was coming, but I didn't know exactly when. But, I always know it'll be in the next day or two if Jennifer Buxton (Braymere Custom Saddlery) makes a post about her show prizes; because, well, she's in Colorado and Utah's the next state over. 

What a surprise!
(I wasn't able to make it to the live video/room for the results announcement due to photographing my sister's 4H Dog Show last week - so which prize goes to what is all through guessing...though, it seems simple enough to figure out. EDIT: Thanks Anne for clarifying which kind of prizes were what!).
I assume the 5 Blind Bag Unicorns (donated by Anne Field) were the Door Prize. The Charm (donated by Gail Berg) was for anyone who placed. And everyone got a Shovel (donated by Jennifer Buxton), a Vinyl Sticker (donated by Kimberly Bleecker), and a Field of Dolls Studio Sticker. Funny thing is that normally when I get some blind bag Stablemates/Mini Whinnies, I feel the bag to guess who it might be - this time I wasn't really thinking and just OPENED up the bags! Talk about another big surprise! I got my second blind bag chase piece! (I named her Fizzlepop from the My Little Pony character because she reminds me of soda pop).

And now here are the placings results!
This time the show was double judged - thanks Anne and Jackie!
Enjoy!


Fun Classes: April Fools! (judged by Anne): Fake Food: 5th Place
(L to R: Abigail enjoying her Brown E's, Jordan not pleased when given a fake glass of iced tea, and Wintersong confusingly eyeing a magazine cut-out salad).


Fun Classes: Weird Props (judged by Jackie): I Have My Eye On You: 3rd Place
(Cupid suspiciously eyeing Now-U-See-It's skull - especially her weird looking eyeball!)


And the best for last!
Fun Classes: Funny (Judged by Jackie): The Proper Way To Decorate Cookies: 2nd Place!


Inspired by this video ^
(I can only find it on Facebook, so unfortunately it's not on YouTube for easier sharing. The link goes to my personal FB page and lucky for you - I hardly, as in, never post anything to my regular feed, so it should be easy to find!)

I'll make a more in-depth post on the making of this scene sometime next week - hopefully I won't forget, it was such a joy to create!!!

4 comments:

  1. The mini rosettes are for your placings in the specialty classes, the card qualifies the second place horse for the International Photo Show League championship show. I gave a wine charm to everyone who placed at all in the show. The blind bag horses were a door prize. The stickers and shovels made their way into everyone's prize packs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving the Pink Package was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pink Package is always a treat, too! Mainly because I make even smaller Pink Packages out of the big one for model horse dolls!

      Delete
  3. LOVED your entry the proper way to make cookies!

    ReplyDelete