Monday, April 5, 2021

Another New Fence And A New Horse

 


Well, the TR/CL scale log fence wasn't working out too great. So, I decided to actually attempt building a panel fence. So far, so good, that is, until I realized that I didn't have enough of the wood I needed for the panels and one of the packs I bought is the wrong size. Oh, well, I was able to get this far.


It wasn't super blustery the two days I had the photo shoot last week - not like the earlier that week and today! Of course, the chickens were out taking dust baths the entire time I was photographing my models.


Gertrude didn't really want her picture taken with Snowman.


Madam Mim wanted to see what I was doing, too. She is the next dominant hen after Gertrude and Martha. She is also known to hen-peck.


Ginger


McKay


Shadow


Carlotta Emma


Sato


Laurel


Merida


Dreamchaser


I was primarily working on entries for the Field of Dolls Spring Show entries, but I did get some halter photos, too (which includes re-taking better photos of key individuals!). Here's what Snowman, Abigail, and Whisper look like before.....


They get photobombed by Lightning Bolt!


Goofy boy is so curious about everything!


Abigail is rather unsure of what to do with him.


I haven't really shown Lightning Bolt because he's super yellowed. However, I have found that when photographed in bright sunlight, the yellowed white areas don't look as yellowed in person. We'll see how he does.


Persius is one of my newest editions to the herd. I got him in a full trade from Staciea Compton for Celtic Warrior. He is the Just About Horses (JAH) 2007 Special Edition Mirror Image.


He was one of those models who grew on me the longer I looked at him.


And he is really cool!


I mean, the color shifting paint is beyond amazing! In this lighting, he looks more blue. But in other types of lighting, he has a purple cast.


Of course, he needed an actual breed other than the common, boring "Decorator" label. That's when I created the Wavechaser. Wavechasers are horses that live in the oceans and seas. They typically stay on the surface, much like how Sea Otters live. They are known to chase the waves like Dolphins - especially on the bows of ships. Their colors range from Caribeann Blues and Greens to Deep Blues and Purples. There are two types: the Equator and the Arctic. The Equator Wavechasers typically have minimal to no white marking, while the Arctic Wavechasers can have a vast abundant of white patterns; since they need the ability to blend into their surroundings. These markings and patterns are the same as Land Horses. Unlike their Hippocampi cousins, the Wavechasers are completely in the form of a horse - without a fish tail. They typically have the stature of Light Breeds and Sporthorses. They do come onto land to have their young and to graze from their favorite beach dwelling vegetation. Merpeople and Humans have been able to tame Wavechasers for hundred of years. However, due to their spirited nature, plenty of patience and perseverance is required.


And we must end with the cat going nose-to-nose with Persius!

No comments:

Post a Comment