Saturday, August 29, 2020

Get That Pony!

 Well Anne, I finally found something I could do with that leek. 

When I received my A Field of Dolls guessing game prize, I was at a complete loss as to what to do with a leek that's model horse related. Then with brainstorming at last minute on Jennifer Buxton's Pandemic Performance Panorama (I'll talk about that in another post), I came up with the idea of a perspective photo shoot of a pony plowing through some girls picnic at a horse show with an adult tripping and falling and food is flying everywhere, while the pony is in the foreground with a leek in his mouth! Then I got thinking, "Are leeks safe for horses?" After some research, the answer is no, leeks are toxic for horses. So, the title is going to be: Stop That Pony - Leeks Are Toxic For Equines! OK, so how am I going to make "flying food?" One word: Wire.

I love working with wire. Yeah, working with super thin wire can become tedious, but hey!
A simple circular shape bent to a wonky state placed under a picnic blanket gives it some dramatic action.
And now the frame for the flying objects. It is constructed of another circle with two runways down the center for support to the frame and a pathway to place larger objects/dolls. Then there are about 10 individual wire "strings" that are anchored to the frame with a looped end for holding heavier objects with sticky wax.
It Works!
In the end, these little details would be hidden in the illusion. The wire might still show a little bit, but that's OK for now.
As for the pony, he'll look like this.
Except his sticky wax would probably show since the leek is too heavy for a smaller gob. Maybe, he's frothing at the mouth for holding it too long.

I am hoping to get the last of my Pandemic Performance Panorama entries (this one included) photographed tomorrow. Either that or Monday - I know, right before the deadline! Let's bank on tomorrow, shall we?

I just realized I hadn't mentioned the name of this little pony. It's Carrot Cake. I wanted a typical pony name for him. He's my first SM scale Shetland Pony in my herd. Now I need to find a mate for him, so that I could customize SM Fuzzy Ponies!!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment