Friday, August 21, 2020

Completing Geoffrey

I've realized that I never put together a painting and completion post on that fuzzy pony I did for my friend, NaConi. We agreed that the name, Geoffrey suited him extremely well. She came and got him two weeks ago today.

Enjoy!





Sometimes I have a hard time getting the points to be black enough with just the Charcoal powder - that's when I add paint. Notice the difference between the forelegs and the hindlegs.

Subtle highlights/




 The absolute most difficult part of this custom; His cute, little, tucked forelegs! Through every single stage, I kept asking myself, "Why did I do that?!" But I knew what I was working towards and that it would add to his character. So, I plugged right on forward through the heat gun process, the sculpting process, the primer process, the painting and detailing process, and the sealing process - not to mention the photographing process of customizing this little stinker!

He is a little difficult to photograph because his head is so dark. Even though the color green makes his coloring pop, but he might need a different type of background (not to mention the right lighting!) in order to get all of him in focus!
Here he is with his parents, Merida and Alistair. His mother looks a little perturbed that he is acting as such in front of her.
But, boy, does he like to do tricks!

I had entered him in both the Breyerfest Customs contest and photo show (halter and performance). He didn't place in either. Oh, well, I hope he'll be successful in the show ring with his new owner.


Oh, yes, NaConi! You're going to have your hands full with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment