Thursday, August 26, 2021

Weird Blessings

 Breyerfest Day 1 & 2 - July 16-17, 2021



You might think that the post title might seem kind of odd, but there's quite a bit behind it. I had been avoiding saying anything specific on the blog in relation to my health issues....mostly because I want to keep it model horse related, but I do a very poor job of that! Truth is, at the end of June, I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and no, it's not fun. What's worse, is that it revealed itself during the summer - Not Winter - Summer. Summer, the time of being outside, hiking, kayaking, camping, going to Bear Lake - not being stuck on the couch with abdominal pain, wasting away because your gut is too sick to absorb the nutrients it needs to thrive.
Why is it a blessing?
Well, for one, we are finding out that my body was likely going down the inflammation path longer than we realized (and likewise when I was a kid). So, through homeopathy, Chinese medicine, chiropractic's, and eating right, I am finally on the path for thorough healing.
Secondly, as far as Breyerfest goes, I was already stuck on the couch, so finding time to sit down and watch a few videos or poke around through shops, didn't seem like a problem. I was also more laid back this year (other than not feeling good and having little energy). Granted, I was a little more functional and could eat a little better that week than the previous weeks, so I was still able to enjoy Breyerfest.


I don't remember who they were other than a band of bachelor stallions of the Pryor Mountain Mustang herds in Montana. I've been following the Pryor Journal since I discovered The Cloud Foundation website....which might have been either in High School or my early 20's. I knew I HAD to watch the Breyerfest Special Video because of how much I love Cloud Mustang!



Later in the evening of the first day, I was able to watch the slide show about Donkey Color Genetics. It was very interesting - especially since Agouti causes all the grey muzzled/undersided donkeys!


Look at those crazy donkey spots! So much different from horses!


We kind of forgot that it was Pioneer Day on Saturday (it's a Utah holiday). So, naturally, there was a parade in front of our house.


I think I missed the horses (if there were any - sometimes there are, and sometimes there isn't), but I was able to catch the flag guard...


And the USU Football Semi.
All these photos were taken out the front window.


Nap time


Animals can be so weird - Lightning is sleeping in the basket without anything comfy to sleep on!


I've always wanted to see Cavalia! Someday, I'll see it in-person, but it has been a real treat to watch the Breyerfest Special videos two years in a row now (yeah, I know there's YouTube, but I keep forgetting and it's always better in-person).


I still haven't shown these pictures to my sister (who's a total dog person!) But I took these special for her.






That girl is the youngest member at age 11. She also has a natural knack for animal training.




Please excuse the divided pictures of I think Apollo Del Solis (I don't remember). The photo was too large to capture his cool bridle.


That's all for now.
Let's see which out-of-order update comes next!




No comments:

Post a Comment