Wednesday, August 25, 2021

A Bit of a Different Scenery and Sun Angle

June 19, 2021 - Breyerfest Prep



Back in June, I did a photoshoot at my grandparent's house. I needed to take some new photos for the Breyerfest Photo Show, but was unable to do it at home since my contractor brothers were helping our parents replace the waterline to the house (it sprung a leak - big time. Good thing there was no flooding in the basement). However, due to my health condition at the time, it was wiser for me to stay at my grandparents' house during the project.



In spite of feeling like crud and having zippo energy, I still managed to get some photos done - especially of my new Etchie, Dungaree (Above)!



I had repainted her eyes after I got her several years ago, because they looked kind of scary. However, showing her as an OF was out of the question now that she had nice custom eyes. I decided this year to try my hand a etching again - and had better success this time round.


Much, much better! She even has some Roaned Patches! (I LOVE adding Roaning to my Customs!)



Obviously, I don't feel like cropping any photos at the moment.


The lighting angle was really interesting. It's amazing to think of just a mile North, the angle of the sun is at my back, rather than overhead as you can see in these photos.



I now have a hole in my grass mat from Ballynoe's base. I still want to get a beach photo of him with better lighting.




Other than the lighting angle issue, Lionheart behaved - FINALLY!!! 
No muddy or hidden hooves this time!!





Yeah....Still working on getting the best photo of Paint Me A Pepto....


However, I did finally figure out how to get a decent halter photo pose of Wapiti. YAY!


I wasn't really impressed with the results of this photoshoot, but it's always good to try new locations to find what works and what doesn't. This one absolutely does not. It probably would have worked better if the sun was at the right angle. That is, if it was, it'll be behind the house as this is in the front yard. Oh, well.

Stay tuned for more sporadic out of order updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment