Friday, August 6, 2021

Hard Competition

 Breyerfest Open Photo Show, Friday, July 16, 2021


Yes, competition can get extremely hard when there's hundreds and thousands of people entering when presented as a photo show. No matter how many models you enter, there's someone else with tons of models who also has a chance in winning something as well. So, the possibilities of winning a lot of placings is rather quite slim, unless you entered all classes with a small number of entries (which isn't a bad tactic).

I still did have some placings regardless. One thing for sure, is that I was more relaxed about getting photos together. I remember last year scrambling trying to re-take pictures accordingly to Breyerfest's standards. But once I saw the other entries from people who primarily photo show - I was like, "Oh, I could have just used my regular photos." So, that's what I did this year and it was much better.

Anyways, here they are:

Enjoy!


Pinkalicious
Manager's Fun Class: Horse of a Different Color!
5th place

(I thought her placing was actually quite funny - because the color for 5th place is pink and she is literally hot pink!)


Xavier
Collectibility OF TR/CL: Animals: Unicorns
9th place


Stormy
Foal: OF Pony: TR RR
10th place

(I was surprised that he did place. New photo. And usually entered in a sea of Stormys).


Ramona
Foal: Mini OF: Gaited
Honorable Mention

(I could totally see her getting Honorable Mention. She photographs remarkably well, so then she places well, too. She was the only Mini Whinnie foal who received something).


Sumatra
Mini OF: Collectibility: Fantasy
9th place


Update: The Ribbons have Arrived! Aug. 9, 2021


The Fun Class Paper Flat Ribbon arrived a week or so after Breyerfest, but it's only fair to have Pinkalicious included in the lineup (and to show her intense pinkness with her awesome homemade pink ribbon!). Either way, here they all are. I guess there's no physical award for Honorable Mentions (Ramona), but that's OK. I'm still surprised that Stormy placed at all due to the popularity of the Misty and Stormy models. Good job little buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! esp. Ramona and Stormy. In the old old days we used homemade paper ribbons, so I'm glad to see they still exist.

    ReplyDelete