Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Now-U-See-It-NOT!!!

 

The color started out what it was supposed to be.


But that didn't last long.


You could see the three different shades in this picture. This happened whenever I mixed more paint. And no matter what was the lighting - the shades STILL looked the right color!!!


I had put her to the side to finish Dreamwalker and to brainstorm on how to fix the  color issue. 


I wasn't too sure on how this creamy-white was going to look in the end, but it was worth a try.



Still needed some more layers before I started with the pastels...


Or that is, blocking out the ribs muscles before the white was completely solid....




Talk about totally NOT!!! The second hole for the wire broke.




I was totally surprised that I achieved the color I originally wanted with the earth pigments. Another thing I discovered, was the difficulty applying the pastels/pigments with a paint brush. So, I...uh...applied it with my...uh...fingers. Aaand...it worked better, too! Don't know if it was the best thing due to combining body oils....? But it worked and that's what matters.

That last part was the most cooperative he had been for the whole project!!!


Next up is Colored Pencils!
And yes, with these pencils!
(not really, I did go into my stash to get new ones!)


The colored pencils were used for the fine details, like enhancing the joints or the indentations of the bones.



"I have my eye on you and now you're mine!"
(referencing Hocus Pocus)


She is now ready for the final sealant!
YAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment