Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Breyerfest 2020 Celtic Fling!

Due to COVID-19, Breyer moved Breyerfest to be an online experience. Therefore, making it more accessable to individuals who are unable to make it to Breyerfest because of work, time, finances, disability, family, etc. I have always wanted to attend Breyerfest, but have been unable to because one: I don't drive - so that means hauling my whole family to drive me there; and two: it's expensive between gas, the hotel, the ticket, the goodies, and food for not just one participent, but six?! Yeah. 

Though, before the whole world health crisis occured, I was trying to decide on two Celtic related happenings this year. Breyerfest's Celtic Fling is an obvious one, but the other is The Chieftains' final music tour. Both very expensive. Seeing The Chieftains in concert would mean being able to afford the ticket plus the plane ticket since they weren't performing in Utah. But they were performing in Boston, and I have a friend who lives near Boston...so I figured kill three birds with one stone if counting seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. But the closer the concert came, the more I saw the reality of such a plan. Then the virus broke out in Utah and it was definantly not a reality.

But then Breyerfest became an online event.

And I am seizing the opportunity.

I am attending the Online Breyerfest.

So, my mind lately has been buzzing with getting the photos done for the Breyerfest Photo Show, making tack and props for the performance entries, touching up models of their rubs and scratches, ordering supplies for tack and props, researching Celtic horses and ponies, finishing a custom here, cramming on another there (and starting over on how I'm sculpting his neck), and most of all.....

Imagining that it's all done when it's NOT!!
(Don't you hate that!)

Either way, I'm excited and I'm determined to have fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment