Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Little Miss Champion - MEPSA Mini Special Feb. 2020

Daisy is a Champion! Not to mention that her photo is crystal clear (something I didn't notice until the judge said something about it), but she placed four times in the show! She got third place in the Gender Division for her class: Draft Type Mare. She got third place in the Color Division for the Pinto Pattern: Tobiano/Tovero. But best of all, she didn't just get first place for her Breed Division (Other Pure/Mixed Draft - she's an American Spotted Draft) - she got overall Champion for the Draft section!!! What a wonderful surprise!!!
Isabella placed fifth in both Old World Spanish (Andalusian) and the Color Black class. I need to get a more clearer photo of her in order to get higher placings.
Fiachra did pretty good with getting third place in the Other Pure/Mixed Sport class. Something I learned about him, was that just because he's a mix between Mustang and Thoroughbred, was that he cannot show in two breed classes. This was something I was relatively not aware of; but then again, I hadn't been showing in these kind of shows for very long.
Tumbleweed still placed sixth in his Draft/Pony/Carriage/Other Foal class (he's a Mustang), regardless of how worn he is from my years of play. Though, he doesn't look too bad...maybe that's why he placed higher than his cousin, Missie - who had obvious rubbed marks. He is one of my oldest Breyer horses and I got him the year I turned ten....after seeing Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron in theaters. Of course! Yes, I was one of those kids who entered the horse phase with that movie and never left!
Alright, back to placings! This is a really cool picture of Arya - especially with how the background colors compliment her coloring. She received a fourth place in the Fantasy/Decorator Color Division.
Like a Diamond's photo was rare chance of getting an extremely small horse in focus with a regular kit lens. Though, he didn't place too well, only fifth in American Paint and eighth in Other Plastic Collectibility Division. Micro Minis are hard to photograph in a realistic setting, sometimes the snow doesn't look to scale. Also, the mass produced models tend to be not anatomically correct, therefore, gaining low placements or not at all in shows. I am, however, going to experiment with using a macro lens for these tiny guys, hoping to get a better picture....while trying to figure out my mom's camera manually.... 
Despite being a little fuzzy in the picture, Snowfire still placed fourth in Other Pure/Mixed Light (Morgan x Appaloosa) and second in Collectibility Breyer SM G2 - Heat 1.
 Faith made it to the final ten this time, with eighth place in the Breed Division Fantasy/Decorator class. She is another one who I want to re-take her picture.
Something I learned with Fantasy horses, is that if the horse has wings, a horn, a fish tail, or any other addition - it still goes into the Fantasy Color Class regardless if the color of the horse is a real equine color genetics color or any color pulled from the color wheel. As a test, I had shown Sumatra in both a regular horse color class (because she is a Gold Champagne) and the fantasy color class (...and that she has wings). So, just like with Fiachra, I found out that I can't show her in two classes in the same division. For the Color Division Fantasy/Decorator class, she got 6th place. Though, for the Breed Division, she got first place, but no Grand - that's OK. Absolutely LOVE the composition!
I wish this photo came out more clearer. That's OK, though, I'm still learning and improving. Knightly's Glitterbomb actually has a pearlescent medium mixed into the paint that looks more like glitter than pearly, though the camera wasn't able to pick it up. In the Customs Section, she placed sixth in the Breed Division Tennessee Walker Horse/Missouri Fox Trotter class.
I decided to enter this photo of Turpintine in the Performance Scene class and he got seventh place. As the chase piece of Breyer's 2018 Mystery Unicorn Surprise, I thought it would be appropriate to title the photo "A Rare Sight." Since I love creative writing, inventing stories, characters, breeds, and families is one of my favorite things I do in this hobby. So, Turpintine is a rare midnight blue Sky Unicorn, who is the mate of Zarina, another Sky Unicorn...who I need to fix her horn since she dropped at the store before purchase (go figure!) and I decided to fix her instead of completely customizing her entirely due to the fact I liked her paint job too much. 

Stay tuned in for the MEPSA Foal Special results.

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing photographs. I have such trouble taking pictures of the tiny ones -- you need a really steady hand! Congrats on your placings.

    ReplyDelete