Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Evolution of Firestorm

In a way, every custom is an evolution. They start as one thing and turn into something amazing in the end. But the process in-between is always something that non-artists don't realize. The tug 'o' war between sticking to the plan and letting the model form itself. In my case, they [the customs] usually get their way.
 Obviously, I had done some re-sculpting on his head and mane. His eye accidentally got sheared off when I was working on his muzzle with the dremel tool.
 Had some issues with the primer puddling on the model, too. Though, granted, I did run out of my primer and had to use my grandfather's (which is thinner because he uses it for model airplanes and army trucks). It did not adhere to the slick surface of a model horse too well.
Here he is in his "Cheeto" stage. This was almost his name, until...
 I applied the pastels...
 .....And he became this color. Which, in a was is really cool. He almost stayed a solid color as well.
 But, the plan was...
To make him a Framed Overo.
 But, he kept evolving with...
 Every. Single. Layer. Of. White.
 (Oh, yeah, that's an alien monster toy that my uncle wanted me to fashion that green alien to the white tab on the red one. He's been helpful when painting hooves. He's still hasn't gone home yet).

 All finished! He really turned out an awesome color and pattern. He comes in a pony pouch with an ID card that includes his general information, personality, and mold info. Careful, he likes soda pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment