Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Dreamwalker: Color

 Here's the Color Installment of Dreamwalker.


I had decided to try a colored Primer for a richer undertone and absolutely love it!!

First coats of paint...


Notice the color change? This happened each time I mixed a new batch of paint. I literally could not tell under any lighting that the previous batch is significantly lighter than the current. It got to the point that I Dreamwalker was completely covered and Now-U-See-It was no longer the color I wanted her to be. That's when I broke off to finish Dreamwalker, while brainstorming on how I could fix the color palette problem Now-U-See-It was causing.


Had to clean out his nostril since it got filled up with paint.


The removeable horn's first coat of pastels....or is this the Earth Pigments? I don't remember.


And the last.
(thought this looked more artsy than holding it in my hand).


First few layers.


Contrast between a finished horn and an unfinished Unicorn.


This was the picture I used as a guess-who-this-is post on the NaMoPaiMo Facebook page. It was fun reading all the people's guesses. I did give hints along the way. Eventually someone guessed Big Ben.


On the drying rack of....shoes?
Yes, this is where they get to dry whenever there's wind, snow, or rain outside - on the shelf of hiking boots in the garage with the side door open for ventilation.


Of course, when he's just about ready for the final sealing - his tail decided to stick to the paper plate! No worries! Can easily be fixed with colored pencil!

Stay tuned for his finished photoshoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment