Monday, July 15, 2019

T-Rex Horse

 This one's going to be a low to the ground, Western Cutting Champion (it's a western sport where the horse and rider "cuts" a steer from the herd and keeps it from returning to the herd for a certain number of minutes. Think of how a herding dog keeps a single sheep from wandering off: the dog gets low to the ground and turns back and forth, blocking the sheep's access to the greener grass on the other side of the dog). I decided to keep his pointed foreleg as the building block to the end result.
 Though.....I had a little problem. I figured after dremeling the shire mare, I should make his skeleton thinner. Well, that didn't work - his pointed foreleg broke off! I know, this looks pretty bad with his leg in his mouth (being held with a tiny ball of the same type of wax used to "soften" the pokeys on braces). He looks like a dog who just found some stick and is going to carry it around for the rest of the day.
 It gets worse - his other foreleg broke off, too!!!
 Now he thinks he's a T-Rex.

But I don't want to make a T-Rex!
I want to make a horse!

 Oh, yeah! And one of his hooves came off as well. I was able to fix this one, but I still have to actually sculpt another one due to being overheated and flattened when working with the heat gun.
 Here is the foreleg - this one is going to have the sculpted hoof.....
And the hindleg is getting the saved hoof.

Looks like a catastrophe? Yep.
Am I going to give up on him? Nope!
He will be finished
Eventually!!

No comments:

Post a Comment