Monday, July 15, 2019

Ocean Mist

A lot has happened in the studio since I had written last. Ocean Mist certainly has taken shape. She and one other were supposed to be a NaMoPaiMo side project alongside with the Wind Dancer, but.....that didn't quite happen. I did eventually get to paint her, but right now here she is up to painting.
All ready for....
....the dremel to strike...
I hollow out the hooves on the older molds - in which are flat and unrealistic. Sculpting realistic hooves are rather interesting on this scale.
I think this might be my favorite part of customizing.....(actually, it's all of it!) I have always been fascinated with studying anatomy and I think it has helped me become more confident when it comes to re-positioning the "skeleton" the correct way.
 She is definitely looking like a strong, healthy Shire mare.
Mane on, tail fixed, primer, white paint, and now an odd splotching of color? She's actually going to be a Rose Grey (Bay base) Sabino1. Another Grey? Seriously? This makes it 3 so far! To be honest, I do like Grey horses. I like every. single. stage. of Grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment