Sunday, October 17, 2021

2020-21 Mepsa Champ Box

 


Sorry, it's a little blurry - didn't notice it until after I posted it on the MEPSA FB group (Yes, I posted there before I did here!). I also received the box at the beginning of the month, but since I haven't been in the mood to write - updating the blog has been long since overdue. So, sorry if this all sounds a bit lame and halfheartedly stated, as I am tired and don't want to write at the moment, but knew that I needed to do an update on this subject at some point.

If you want to see which horses placed, you can see them here.

I love how all the ribbons are non-traditional colors for the Champ Show. It's so creative and fun! .....Even more fun when the ribbon for anyone who placed in the Top Ten is your favorite color!

I don't know which prize came with what Grand/Reserve placing or Door Prize, but either way, they're really cool! The Christmas ornaments (which I need to repair as the Candy Cane broke in transit) were donated by Laurel Dedes and made by Penney L. Dodson; my friend, Corina Roberts (an excellent photographer!) donated the Breyer CollectA Foal (now named Spooky Pete - to be "related" to the famous reiner stallion, Spooks Gotta Gun) and the Breyer Paint a Unicorn Blind Bag kit (ended up being the G2 Morgan Stallion - I don't have a unicorn on that mold yet!); and the Breyer Pinto Draft Stablemate was donated by Holly Goldman-Craig.

The Champ Book is absolutely amazing and Elena Lemm did an awesome job on designing it...along with being the show holder for the Champ Show!


One of the things I learned last year about the Writing Contest, is that all the entrants works are published in the Champ Book. This year I decided to write about my photo show experience before I showed with MEPSA. I still think it's pretty cool that Aurelius' near-silhouette picture got the whole page!


(that behind-the-scenes photo of Paint Me A Pepto is supposed to be in portrait format, but I guess that's just how it fit better on the page.......Breyer also posted it that way for the photo "contest" it was in, too).



No comments:

Post a Comment